profish 535

rabb1t

I have "owned" them in the past being a H/H dealer so a Haines Hunter dealer today should have one to look at. OK boats, a bit old in design and in my opinion there are better boats out there for less money or you get a larger/better boat for the same sort of money.

Edited by Huey @ Huett Marine

For that same size and beam it's more like the 565 offshore (5.65m), or the 560 offshore (5.9m). They're lot larger boats.

I notice that the savage is only a L/S transom (20"). This would mean the deadrise is very shallow. This was one of the key criteraas for me - for comfortable offshore travel.

Any other considerations?

Also...why the turn around now?:

Hi Raiders, yesterday I had the pleasure to go to the Haines Hunter factory again for a dealer meeting and every time I have been there it is an impressive place and the boats have to be the best made fibreglass boats in Australia.

Edited by rabb1t

How do you figure the deadrise is shallow due to transom shaft length-deadrise has nothing to do with transom height. The Savage is a deep vee and yes the natural competitor from HH would be what you list but those two boats are into the $70K so with the Savage being in the $40K it is much better buying than the HH and in money terms is line ball with 535 Profish and trust me the 585C is a better riding and set out boat than the 535PF, more so in rough water.

You drag something up from around 5 years ago and trust ALOT of things change in that period of time and a public forum is not the place to go into that.

If you like the HH 535PF than that is good but if you do not check outt he Savage in the flesh you are doing yourself a dis-service.

What is your budget because if unlimited then yes there are better boats made then the 585C?

Edited by Huey @ Huett Marine