Fished JB yesterday

Zacnoel

Hi Guys

Fished jervis bay and surrounds yesterday with the intent of chasing a few Kings

We were on the water before six and chasing bait, got a few squid and a selection of slimies and yakkas

We headed straight for the cliffs below point perpendicular and fished here for about two hours with no joy. The area was dead ,even the same live squid bait kept coming up untouched

At this point we saw some birds working about 2 miles out, so out went some lures but no luck. We then trolled south to wide of steamers beach , still no good.

We now hit the bottom with some baits, when over the reefy areas we couldn't lose a bait. Things were looking grim.

But the the humble flatly came to our rescue, once over sand we managed 10 each between the two of us and one Morwong.

Water temps were ranging from 19 up to 22 degree over quite a small area. The water was really dirty and green , you lost sight of your bait after less than a metre. There was a healthy NE swell all day and when the wind picked up in the afternoon the sea got very messy.

Edited by Zacnoel

Hi angry ant, yes two weeks ago they were on fire and we were picking them

Up in 15m also.

I had the down digger set between 15 and 20 this time also with no result.

I received a call from some friends who were out wider on Monday .

They were hooking up on metre plus kings at the banks

And yes MV Sunray they will be very tasty, thanks for the replies

Edited by Zacnoel

I find JB looks so good but like you have found it harder than it looks.

We scored some rats kings earlier in the year but all under sized as were the flatties.

All the reports seem to suggest it's an outside the Bay hotspot. In any case the scenery and wildlife is enough to keep people returning.

Thanks for the report.

Dez