recommendations for light spin real.

daniel944

Shimano Stradic 2500 FJ, symetre 2500 FL, Abu Garcia soron stx20.
stradic and soron would be reel only, if u want combo for 200 and under you cant go wrong with the usual specials that happen with symetre combos u can find at the bigger camping boating and fishing stores.

Edited by Ojay Samson

The more I think about it, I only want a reel. I might look up the soron as it is to be matched to an abu rod.

I have also been partial to diawa stuff but have been put of by the price in the last few years (I used to have a pro caster z which I thought was the bees knees), do they have any good value spin reels at the moment?

Edited by daniel944

if its just a reel, i would definitely suggest the soron stx 20. this was my first proper reel purchase and has served me for many many years without fail, it also comes with 2 spools which is handy. 1 for mono etc and the other for superlines/braid. my one has caught me everything from jewies to kingys and everything inbetween with the regular species... bream et al.
however it is a bit old now so i dont know if the technology has been superseeded so it pays to do a bit more research (but its still got specs which are nothing to sneeze about).
In terms of manintenance and servicing, the internals are a little bit more fiddly than the common layout of that with shimano's but its not rocket science either.

i cant speak from personal experience with a stradic 2500FJ, but i can with a 5000FJ and if its anything to go by, i defintely would be having a hard think about that reel to.
cheers

Edited by Ojay Samson