Pearl Beach 28-02

Crossfire63

A mate and I hit Pearl Beach on Saturday afternoon.

After setting the first bait about 100m out from the beach I started rigging my second rod, when my mate, who's about 50yrds further down the beach starts jumping up and down and pointing in my direction. I turned around and my 15-20kg stick is bent in half with line peeling off at a great rate of knots. Beauty good we're in business and could will be home early. I stopped what I was doing and took two steps towards my rod and "Twang" everything goes limp. Sinker, Hooks, Ball Bearing swivel gone. :ranting2::ranting2::ranting2::ranting2:

Not to be put off I finished rigging the other rod. Set it out around 75m set it up in the rod holder and the tip starts going mad and so does my mate. He's got himself a flatty around 75cm. I reel my line in and I've got another flatty around 85cm

Over the next 4hrs we pulled in 4 more flatties all around the 70cm mark.

Sorry no pics guys, to add to my frustrations for the night my camera bit the dust, so I'm up for a new one of those too. (It was 15years old) maybe the Mrs can buy me a good waterproof one for Fathers Day.

Anyone after a feed of flatties could do a lot worse than Pearl Beach on a run out tide

Probably not your target, but that's a pretty good result.

I wonder why so many big ones are in the same spot. Spawning?

Do you think the bust off was a Jewie or a shark?

Glad you bent the rod a few times.

Mate

Pearl Beach has always been a pretty good spot for big flatties. When they're there they're normally on the larger size, never seem to get many smaller ones so it could be a good spot for them to spawn.

There's a bombie on the Northern end too which seems to hold quite a few as it probably keeps the trawlers away.

I reckon I got sharked. It was all over too quick and Jewies don't normally cut through 30lb that fast