Boat advice

carloi27

Hi all does any one out there now much or own or have had any experience with the Seafarer Ventura 5.2 I am looking at maybe buying one. Are they stable at rest do they handle choppy water well I want to use out side as well as in the bay's and rivers are they a comfterbal ride if any one now's of one for sale in the sydney area or South Coast or central cost or out west please pm me thanks

G'day Carlo ,I have been the proud owner of an old Seafarer Ventura 5.2 for the last 15 years . If you can find one in good nick with sound floor and transom at the right price snap it up . In my opinion they are a great boat,very seaworthy ,terrific in a following sea and have a fairly even split as far as fishing room and cabin room goes .

Do a bit of research so you know what to expect , but if you find a good one it will give you years of faithful service .

Currently running a tohatsu TLDI 115 that I am very happy with , it previously had a 1997 Johnson 90 on the back and that pushed it along just as well .

I was sure that there was some pics of the old tub on here somewhere but I can't seem to find them . I will see if I can bung up some more .

There is a bit of info on the net about them , most of it seems to be hidden in old posts on forums , but they share the same hull as the 17 ft Viking if you want to check out opinions of the hull itself .

Edited by Bananaphobic