Harbour yakking Sunday 15-3-15

thefisherman6784

G'day raiders

Me and two mates have been planning to take the yak out on Sydney harbour cause there from up the coast and are keen on this hot Sydney action but we knew we would be facing a 30knot southerly

Met at the ramp in Kirribilli (thanks Andrew) at 6am and headed straight for squid to head to markers but only managed one and then the wind hit a lot earlier than I expected so we found a little protected bay but saw some surface action about 300m away and had to go to it

It unfortunately went down but then a tightly packed bait ball surfaced and started getting smashed

I landed 3 frigates, my mate cesco landed 2 and andy landed 1 then I hook up BIG TIME!!

ZZZZZZZZZZZ wouldn't stop

Next thing I know, start see backing, then two seconds later only 5m of backing left! What is this thing!?!?

Chased it down and gained line back

Cause cesco does rock spinning he thought a long tail tuna but I thought big king or big amberjack

After at least 30mins fighting it, it came up. It was huge... It was a salmon!

Salmon don't fight like that! But a new PB of 68cm was aboard! A quick photo, measure and release

Then again ZZZZZZ I hook another monster salmon at 56cm but very fat

We then went into shore to get a pick and release it and sort out a few things. They then moved to far to travel in this 30knot wind so back into the protected bay which wasn't very protected anymore

We chucked a few baits and burleyed heaps but only got pinkies

Decided to head back to where we launched and after a 30min ride in that weather getting waves over us, we finally made it to the protected bay and pulled heaps of nice bream and got busted off by a few

A great day even with that wind but wish we could have chased the bust ups more

I sure have my new G.Loomis imx 2-6lb a big day out

He was bent to the butt on those salmon

Cheers Gianni

post-33634-14264530216039_thumb.jpg

post-33634-14264530407708_thumb.jpg

post-33634-14264530582912_thumb.jpg