Hen & Chicken Bay

Jewhunter

G'day all, ( No piccies as I was alone)

Had an hour to spare this morning betwwen starting a new business & seeing the new bub in hospital so had a quick shorebased flick at one of my fave spots in Five Dock. Third cast produced a fat & aggressive Bream of 28cms. Then pulled two Flatties 30 & 40cms & last but not least a Silver Biddy.

A beautiful morning with glassed out conditions & plenty of sunshine. It's looking good down this part of the river with plenty of krill & mullet around. Hopefully this summer will be a cracker.

Had a couple of reports from mates who have got into some good jew on plastics this week so get out & into it. I can't say where as I'd be shot, but it's in the rivers.

Good fishing. :1fishing1:

Hi Jewhunter,

Hen and Chicken is one of my favourite places to fish in the Parra. :thumbup:

Glad to hear a few fish coming up there. Will get down there myself next weekend with a bit of luck.

Thanks for the report.

Cheers

David.

P.s. Congrats on the new Bub - what's the details, name etc etc.

Hi Jewhunter,

Hen and Chicken is one of my favourite places to fish in the Parra. :thumbup:

Glad to hear a few fish coming up there. Will get down there myself next weekend with a bit of luck.

Thanks for the report.

Cheers

David.

P.s. Congrats on the new Bub - what's the details, name etc etc.

68124[/snapback]

Thanks for the thoughts Dave. He was actually born 3 weeks ago & has been in hospital since then as he was 9 weeks premmy. His name is Lucas Grant & he was only 1.678kgs when born. He's up over 2kgs now & hopefully will be home next week.

By the way the fish were caught on 3 inch bass minnows.

Go the Swannies & go the Wigers!

Hope all is going well with the new baby and he is home soon. I’m sure it will not be long before he starts packing on the weight and he’s a healthy 7kg before you will know it. Hope mum is ok also.

Take care and

Congratulations on the new baby Lucas :thumbup:

Hope all is going well with the new baby and he is home soon. I’m sure it will not be long before he starts packing on the weight and he’s a healthy 7kg before you will know it. Hope mum is ok also.

Take care and

68128[/snapback]

Well said Martin that goes ditto for me.

Russ

new life is absolutely wonderful particularly when it comes from you. Congratulations to you and your wife. 28 years ago my wife of the day and i had a 960 gramme baby girl, she is now a doctor and a mother so i am sure Lucas Grant will be a strapping footballer? cricketer? AFL player (yuk).

Enjoy him now because we will all tell the same story of how quickly they grow up.

Wow guys, thanks so much for the thoughtful messages of support. I'm blown away by you fellas.

By the way Swoffa I heard about our mates' fish minutes after he landed it ( I rang at the right time!). Very nice of you to give up that spot mate, you must have known what was going to happen!

Cheers & thanks again guys,

Grant.

Wow guys, thanks so much for the thoughtful messages of support. I'm blown away by you fellas.

By the way Swoffa I heard about our mates' fish minutes after he landed it ( I rang at the right time!). Very nice of you to give up that spot mate, you must have known what was going to happen!

Cheers & thanks again guys,

Grant.

69058[/snapback]

Nice Jew Jewhunter,

Were was that one taken? :1fishing1:

Great to hear that the bream are moving about and the shorebased fisho's are getting amongst them. :thumbup:

Cheers

CAMS

Take care and

68128[/snapback]

From me too Lucas!

Cheers

Ken