Which Weather App + Reading a Barometer?

darrylgulp

G'day,

What mobile apps are people using for their fishing forecast. I have willy weather, not sure if theres a better one.

Temp, tide, wind, barometer?

Can anyone give tips on how to read a barometer. I hear fishoes talking about a high barometer being good. But what is high and what is lo?

Weatherzone has a barometer reading on it. Generally 1016 hpa and above is considered good and below not so good. I personally don't think it makes much difference - only time I've fished for Jews it was 1002 and we caught 6 in an hour. Go figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been playing around with a few. These include:

Weatherzone and Willy Weather

Fish Time Lite

My Tide Times, Fishabout, and Fishing Mate by #%$%^&(*.

The latter cost about $2.75 from memory. The remainder were free from the App Store. They all have their uses but they vary a bit with tide heights and times, and best times and days for fishing. Although I haven’t been using Fishing Mate for very long I like the layout and information display. It has My Location, Weather, Radar, Tide, Camera and Almanac. Not sure of its accuracy. Today is supposed to be “Best” fishing conditions according to the Almanac. I am just off jewie fishing from the breakwall, so time will tell.

I had a fish yesterday, cracker day till the storm rolled in. Barometer was 1006. Managed two legal flatties on soft plastics. Zero fight in them. Water felt cold on my legs.

Overheard an old fisho explaining barometer to his buddy (what are the chances). He said that when the air pressure is high, the water has a higher capacity to hold oxygen, therefore energizing the fish. Sounds like a cool theory.

bb6dce1d314fa08a4701222597184cf4.jpg

Edited by darrylgulp