Friday harbour. Brown water kings.

stevefish

G'day team,

This morning with the forecast for calm conditions I braved the rain and hit the harbour to see what I could find.

I spoke to a charter bloke at the ramp and he said he was getting as many kings inside as outside, hmm.

The southerly was a bit stiffer than predicted and with the rainthe conditions did suck. After failing on squid I headed to middle harbour to soak some frozen squid for a jewie on the tide change. No joy.

A while later got a bite on frozen squid for a rat that would have gone close and a boat side release. then came a solid tailor that was rigged and sent back out. Next up was a just legal king on a weightless cube followed by another that went undersize. There was a Trev and a couple of pinkies in there too.

And that was about it, but there are fish in the brown water. All fish except the first took pieces of a frozen old Mack fished light, fresh Trev didn't seem to cut it today.

Nice,

i wouldnt really think there would be much out there in the brown murky water at the moment but im glad to be proven wrong!

I guess the fish seem to like the macbetter because it would have a stronger scent than the freshly caught Trev, and seeming as theyre swimming around in the brown muck, they must be usign their sense of smell to find their food much more than their sense of sight.

Guest 4myson

Glad to see that someone is not using the excuse "Waiting for the water to clear up" . Well done mate !!!