Boat filled with water

vince1312

Hi guys,

Need some advices for my silly boating, just had my new boat to the water yesterday, it was so nice and handle very well, after I returned to the boat ramp and opened the bung holes, there was lot of water came out and then I realized one hole was forgotten, I believed all the salt water has been drained away. I just wondering do I need to flush with fresh water and how do I do this? Mine is fiberglass, does the salt water damage the inside of the hull?

Thank you guys!

Guest no one

Just put the boat on an angle on the trailer and hose the inside for a few mins hen leave to drain.

The storm 2 weeks ago ripped the cover of my boat and at the moment i am doing transom repairs most of my boat under the hull copped water, I drained it let it dry put a new cover on it , Its only now i am starting to work on it again due to making sure nothing it wet.With the cover on it and the if drained right the sun and heat under the hull will dry it out, But if water is still there and not drained right it can cause mould stains .

Hi guys,

Need some advices for my silly boating, just had my new boat to the water yesterday, it was so nice and handle very well, after I returned to the boat ramp and opened the bung holes, there was lot of water came out and then I realized one hole was forgotten, I believed all the salt water has been drained away. I just wondering do I need to flush with fresh water and how do I do this? Mine is fiberglass, does the salt water damage the inside of the hull?

Thank you guys!

What boat did you get?

Some of these boats have bungs towards the front of the boat. Sometimes when I am cleaning I run water through there so it cleans the hull.

I have 6m Yalta Crafe, spoke to the manufactory before, they said it has two air locks on both side and fitted with anti flotation.However they told me always keep them locking. I was wondering if always keep them lock why bother have two bung holes? I think it's better install a auto flow bilge pump to prevent this problem again.