Sydney harbour squid and kingy

G'day raiders

Headed out on Saturday with Seamus on the harbour but unfortunately, not much to report about...

Anyway, early start up at 5:30, gathered the gear and off we went

393f45536e0dd6be47e1e565add98da1.jpg

Got out there straight to south head for squid, went outside to a spot that looked very squiddy but got none there, so quickly stopped at a close by reef for a quick jig with very good marks showing on the sounder and heaps of bait, I hooked up once on a 200g knife jig but didn't stick, decided to troll back in because of seeing the amount of bait with fish busting up and birds diving but nothing, so decided to go to the regular spots in the harbour for squid, well, before catching a squid, Seamus hooks a salmon! But doesn't land it

Moved to another spot and after about 1 hour, I finally landed one, then another, things were looking good but for the next hour didn't get any, got a message from mike telling us to come over to a regular spot of his and we were marking good but both mike and us couldn't get them to take our baits/lures so again we moved back for squid, for the next 2hours landing 1 squid so 4 hours of squidding resulted in 3 squid

Went to a marker and began downrigging and, in about 5mins, lost 4 hours of work!! We lost both of our small squid so dropped down a frozen squid and bring straight back up a tailor, so waisted our squid on tailor

Then moved to one of our mates spot and was marking well so we set the downrigger with the big squid and while downrigging, I was using a jig and hooked up but lost them then the downrigger pops and we bring up the whole squid, set again, pops out and the head is gone

Stripped it up and set a big strip on the downrigger and after 10mins it's pops out and the rod buckles, I jump on the rod and after a great fight, bring up a nice fat 66cm king

21bdc84b5a48618158685638465f24a8.jpg

Long story short, that was it for the rest of the day, but when we gutted this fish, we found the whole head of the big squid that got taken plus another whole head!!

Cheers Gianni

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You guys are better and getting green eyes than me haha. Keep trying that spot I showed you they turn up there and generally you have the spot to yourself. Just drive around and try and sound them up for 5 minutes or so if they are there you will see them pretty quickly. Keep it to yourselves but.

Good work you guys are consistently getting legals now, I got a legal after I saw you guys inside middle harbour.