Yamaha F70A 2011 model @ 4900Hrs between 0-1000rpm worth it?

sleepydragon

Hi Raiders,

I am on the market for repower my outboard. I have found and Yamaha F70A 2011 model advertise for cheap price. The problem is this motor has 4900Hrs between 0-1000rpm according to the report from the dealer. I am not sure if it is worth to give a go? Please help

Cheers

That is a lot of hours on the motor. I had a Yammy 60 for 6 years from new (09) and would have definitely have put less than 1000 hrs on it as a recreational user. I don't understand the 0-1000 rpm report however. On my 5m tinny I planed at 3400 rpm and trolled well over 1000. That motor will open out to 6k and it's sweet spot will be around 4k.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Those hours are simply idling hours.

A lot of guys drift fishing offshore leave their engine

running all day, rather than stop & start it. My neighbour does it.

It is a lot of hours for a 3-4 year old motor though.

As Tef said get it checked out by a good mechanic.

Guest no one

204 days at idle for a 4 yr old motor, 15% if it's life it's been turned on and idle? Something is wrong with this! It means it's idled for 3 1/2 hours a day everyday for 4 years solid!

204 days at idle for a 4 yr old motor, 15% if it's life it's been turned on and idle? Something is wrong with this! It means it's idled for 3 1/2 hours a day everyday for 4 years solid!

Lol it does sound funny. 4900 hours under 1000rpm plus what about the time it has spent above 1000rpm?

It's a commerical engine for sure, the boat it was on was properly never pulled from the water meaning the engine has never been flushed. Would have a very poor service history.

I wouldn't buy it, in fact I wouldn't put it on my

Boat if you paid me.

If in doubt with these sorts of things don't but it. Plain and simple.

It's a commerical engine for sure, the boat it was on was properly never pulled from the water meaning the engine has never been flushed. Would have a very poor service history.

I wouldn't buy it, in fact I wouldn't put it on my

Boat if you paid me.

If in doubt with these sorts of things don't but it. Plain and simple.

Thanks a lot of Mike. I think the same too. Look like its a commercial engine.