Northern beaches blackfish

Burnsey

I fished Fairlight for blackfish late Sat afternoon but had to work hard covering a lot of ground for just 2 fish. From other Fishraider reports it seems like they just weren't hungry in most places on Saturday. Had a further small window of opportunity to fish for a couple of hours before the A League GF on Sun so headed to a favourite local ocean rock platform. Fish were hard to find initially but came on the bite shortly after low tide. Ended with a feed of fish around the 33-34cm mark. Not sure where the eastern suburbs boys get their 40+ cm models as I find they are as rare as hens teeth up our way!

post-22607-0-36575100-1431995775_thumb.jpg

Good going mate they're about we have done really well last three weeks on the ocean and in the harbour the 40 plus models from the habour and average fish off the rocks is around 36-37 we get the bigger fish off the ocean over summer and the spots we go are hard to access requires some mountain goat cliff work! That will give you an idea!!!!

Well done PlayerOne. I occasionally try that part of the harbour and find the fish tend to be smaller. The bigger fish should start moving in soon.

Luderick Angler - I hear you. I guess the fish have more time to grow in places with less fishing pressure. I caught a 46cm monster at The Entrance a few years ago near the mouth of the lake - these are ocean fish that pop in for a quick feeding a rising tide, then head back to sea when the tide runs out.

Mullet man not so much they have time to grow I am less likely to be overrun by the peanuts that think they know how to Rock fish and can't work a drift and just cast anywhere and make idiots of themselves unfortunately anywhere with ease of access down my way attracts them! And they are the ones that end up in trouble 90% of the time! No education in rock hopping and no ettiqutte!

Not such an issue up our way Luderick Angler. There's plenty of space and some good fishing areas. That said, some of my favourite spots and the most productive spots are away from the crowds and one requires a 1.5km hike and a short mountain goat descent - well worth the effort!