Stainless prop advantage

John.N

Hi All,

Being a novice fisho / boat owner, can anyone enlighten me on the performance advantages of a stainless prop over an alloy one, pitch and size being same on a 90hp suzuki 4 stroke.

Cheers

John

going by what I have been told,

Alloy props flex & stainless doesn't giving the stainless slightly better performance

Stainless prop blades have a slight lip on the tip of the blade giving bit more power again.

Stainless dont wear or damage as easy.

Stainless looks pretty

If you are considering a new prop think about a 4 blade if there's a chance your going to be in rough water at any time - the four blade gives a lot better grip when the 3 blade actually loses grip and cavetates making it feel like the bush is slipping

are stainless worth the $ probably not if your only in rivers & enclosed waters I wouldn't want to hit a stump with a stainless.

Modern stainless props have a bush in them that will give in if you hit something. So saving the leg.

Because ss is stronger the blades are thinner giving less resistance in the water.

From the research I've done the bigger the motor the bigger the advantage of ss.

I think your well in the group for big advantages.

I was going to get one for my Yamaha 115hp, spoken to the outboard mechanic and he told me don't waste my money.

It won't improve the performance unless you have a racing boat. I don't know much about the motor but I always listen to the expert.