Has anyone use Deeper Fish Finder wireless Sonar

dilrocks

Hi Raiders,

I am very tempted to but 1 of these for my land base fishing. The company claims that it will give all the information regarding the water depth, Temperature,
Structure and offcourse if there are fishes around, its a bit on the expensive side around $300 mark, but heah! if we can buy rods and reels worth's 1000s of dollar
then why not buy something which will tell you either to fish there or don't waste your time there.

2 Problems with this product for me.

1) how will I convince my partner.....hmmmm maybe 'Gift from someone will work'....lol ...any other excuse anyone ???

2) if I loose this while casting i loose $300 on the spot. Ofcourse i will use very heavy Braider to cast this in water but just in case if the line snaps there goes my Deeper in very Deep Sea. oh wait but it floats..

Anyway any thoughts has anyone been using this ? I am planning to buy one tonight from Apple store.

here is the link if you need to find what is this product all about. there are some very positive YouTube video about this product.

https://buydeeper.com/

Cheers,
Dil.

Mmmm, an interesting product, Dilrocks.

Personally, I'd have a separate rod to deploy it if I were land based. Tying the unit to your mainline limits the depth of water you can fish. For instance, if you are fishing in 12feet of water, that's 12 feet of line you have to cast below the rod tip. The anchor point looks too large to employ a sliding stopper unless you place a disc of cork between the unit and the stopper. Looks too complicated.

Otherwise, if you are on the water, there are better and cheaper options for fish finders, both portable and installed such a Garmin, Lowrance and others. Best wait to get a few testimonials from fishos who have used this in our local waterways. Have a read of this web page for alternatives. http://www.sportfishingmag.com/fishing-boats/portable-and-castable-fish-finders

Dil,

I have the sonar phone t-pod and have been impressed by it, it's worth considering as an alternative. It uses wifi instead of Bluetooth ( they say it has a larger range) and has a keel which would slow it to track better on the retrieve, it's stats say battery last 4hrs versus deeper's 6hrs.

I bought mine direct from the manufacturer, vexilar in the US who have been making ice fishing depth sounders (i.e. transducers) for years but I see they are now available in Australia.

Cheers,

Gus

Hi

I am using the T-pod as well, borrowed it from a mate to use in the kayak, so far it works pretty well, not great as a fish finder, but certainly good for picking the bottom and marking drop offs.

Matt