Out from Port Hacking

Spider Monkey

Hi Raiders,

Thinking about taking a run south out of Port Hacking tomorrow for the first; two questions that I guess go hand in hand:

1) is Wallys Wharf (WW) boat ramp the best option, and

2) at low-ish tide is WW okay for a 6m glass boat?

Feedback appreciated.

Paul

I tend to use Dolans bay ramp, you need to be early though to get a parking spot, just means you miss that slow speed area around Lilli Pilli baths.

good luck! let us know how you go as I'm heading out monday and yet to decide on Hacking or the bay.

Guest 4myson

I'd definitely be using Yowie Bay ramp at the end of Wonga Rd . It's heaps better & plenty of parking that's not not on a massive hill . Nothing worse than at the end of the day having to walk all the way to the top of the hill to retrieve your car . I used Wallys once & I swore NEVER again !!!! You get MORONS parking / blocking the bay at the bottom of the hill where your meant to swing your car & trailer around to back into the ramp & if you've got a decent size boat (mines a 7.2 meter seafox) it's BLOODY impossible ....

Benums,

Got out early this morning and down to the Stawell park humps... not a lot doing for us but there were reports of success at the mouth of PH.

BTW - don't think I'll be going back toWallys Wharf again... not the best ramp as others conveyed.

Cheers,

Paul