Long Weekend

Ryder

After hearing rumours of good catches I concentrated west of the bridge Saturday.It proved disappointing as I tried 2 spots for zero, and 1 fish at the third.

Today I headed east, hoping to find the fish.

I got one small one on the first drift, then nothing, so again I packed up and moved.

The wind was a bit strong, so I couldn't fish my normal backup. I found a new place and fished with the wind behind me.

It wasn't long before I was getting downs, I'd strike and nothing would be there. The bait hardly touched.

I tried smaller baits, I tried leaving the down to go longer, still no hookup.

I put it down to small fish, right then the float went down, and I pulled tight on a solid fish.

He went straight for the pylons, and for a while I was stuck. I flipped the side cast open an free spooled.

To my surprise he came free, had a few more runs then into the net. Fat 40cm

Followed that a short time later with a smaller fish but still a good fighter.

I pulled the hooks on 2 more almost at the net. I had to leave then biting.

Not sure about fishing yet tomorrow. I'm headed up the central coast to pickup a rod I bought online.

I have quit a pack a day habit going on 5 weeks, probably saved a grand so far.

Fishing mate Trevor said I will only spend it on something else. Haha yes Vintage Fenwick blackfish rod.

Might take it for a test drive.

post-33162-0-53224600-1433659172_thumb.jpg

Thanks Stewy,

" only 3 days of climbing walls, 4th day it starts to get better" quoting Keith Richards.

Never going back.

Good man

Ryder,

I was down at Circler Quay at 11.00 am looking in water to left of pier 5 and saw some stud blackfish swimming amongst the pylons.

Too bad I was on a John Cadman harbour cruise today with these fish around. It was a perfect warm winters afternoon on harbour.

I don't know how the wind could of affected you.

Ahhh wharf 5 one of the gun spots back in dads day many a big fish came out of the quay the best spot was up the other end at 2 and 3 I got to fish it as a twelve year old before they stopped you fishing sawxa few ferries end up in the footpath too back in the day coming in to berth too fast!