Pb salmon!

Camo1808

So my truck has been off the road for a week now and so no truck equated to what i thought no fishing over long w/e....yes very devastating.

Then the lovely wife says to me i should drop her off to work then take her car.

I was out of bed before she finished the sentence. I packed 2x 13ft beach rods and my new 7ft 3-6kilo set up. lets just say for a mazda 2 hatchback it was pretty chockers.

So a land based beach sesh was on the cards chasing choppers and sambos. Starting later i wasnt expecting a decent session however i was blown away.

Got to the beach and soaked the first bait at 9.30.

First hit after about 30min my mate picked up a half decent wobby and then a plate sized ray. Both released.

Went dead for about 1 . 5 hours then my mate got an air knot in his braid. Mean while were fixing that 20metres away my light combo i heard that beautiful noise zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Looked over and my rod is bending and bending hard.

What ever was on my line was hooked good and not happy about it. After i ran over picked up the rod this thing had run for a good 60m and still taking line. After it tired i got its head turned and started making some yards back. This thing went left and right up the beach. Made 6 fantastic aerial leaps in which from a far i thought i had hooked my first ever king. Also had a stonker of a mouth when it was jumping trying to shake the hooks.

After 15min i finally beached this thing and landed my pb salmon coming in at 72cm. Around 4kilo im guessing. Horrible with weight guesses but this thing was solid.

Cheers.

post-32642-1433835514971_thumb.jpg

post-32642-14338355328373_thumb.jpg

post-32642-14338355548597_thumb.jpg

Edited by Camo1808

Guest 4myson

Nice Salmon , that looks like Norah head ... I fished there a few years back 1 night with my Brother inlaws & while I was cleaning a nice bream I just caught 1 of my other rods a 10 ft rod buckles over & ripps out of the sand , holder & all & gets dragged straight into the depths !!!! You haven't seen it by any chance ????

Nice Salmon , that looks like Norah head ... I fished there a few years back 1 night with my Brother inlaws & while I was cleaning a nice bream I just caught 1 of my other rods a 10 ft rod buckles over & ripps out of the sand , holder & all & gets dragged straight into the depths !!!! You haven't seen it by any chance ????

Haha nah i havent mate. If i find it i will be sure to let you know. Your spot on with the location. We have been having lots of success with some nice sambos around the local beaches there.