Collecting fishing bait at Collaroy Beach

snatcher

Going to be based there for 3 month starting in October. Will probably be fishing there for a few hours most days so I wondered the best way to collect bait on the beach ? Can you collect beach worms there and what is the best way to do it ?

Have a small crab trap so wondered if I put that into the surf with some bread in is there any chance of getting small mullet or yellowtails for bait ?

Treat me gently as I am a pommie bar steward :sun: :sun:

John

Dear Pommie Bar Steward,

I am a a pom as well though have been in Oz for 50 years, Thats besides the point.....forget the crab pot. You can catch beach- worms and you will find hints and advice on this website. There are better baits you can use off the beach than crabs! Use the links and you will receive so much good advice,

Steve

Edited by Twinfisher 4.9

Dear Pommie Bar Steward,

I am a a pom as well though have been in Oz for 50 years, Thats besides the point.....forget the crab pot. You can catch beach- worms and you will find hints and advice on this website. There are better baits you can use off the beach than crabs! Use the links and you will receive so much good advice,

Steve

Cheers Steve,will have to suss it out :sun: Watched a few vids on You Tube on getting beach worms with a "stink bag",looks like fun.

Fingers or worm pliers ?

John

Go with worm pliers to start with. Not worth contemplating fingers until you have the hang of it. If all else fails try the bait shop at North Narrabeen. They generally carry a good supply of quality beach worms and are a good source of info on local fishing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go with worm pliers to start with. Not worth contemplating fingers until you have the hang of it. If all else fails try the bait shop at North Narrabeen. They generally carry a good supply of quality beach worms and are a good source of info on local fishing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice - will be back over in oz before I know it :sun:

John