Re registering tinny?

Camo1808

Hey all. Am contimplating buying a cheap fibreglass tinny this week as a cool little deal has popped up. It has a 20hp mariner on the back and the transom and hull is in great nic looks like no cracks or stress fractures.

It is currently unregistered. Can someone let me know the process of getting it registered again also costs involved if you can.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Guest 4myson

First of all is it boat coded . There should be a little tag (HIN) riveted on the rear transom & also there should be a matching 1 hidden somewhere up front . If it has both these tags it should be pretty straight forward even if it's been unregistered for a while . If not , you can still register it but there's a bit more involved . You'll need old rego papers that show the rego numbers that are on the outside of the hull upfront . If you don't have these then it gets more involved . You'll need a signed letter by the seller stating why there are no rego papers/ numbers & it will have to be signed off by a JP (justice of the peace) as well , then you'll have to get the boat coded in your name ( extra cost involved ) . All boats in N.S.W must be boat coded by law even if it is registered (unless you were the original owner of the vessel before they made Boat Code mandatory in NSW ) Keep in mind RAIDERS even if you buy a registered boat you must have the boat coded (unless factory HIN is visible) before the RMS will let you transfer it in your name ....

First of all is it boat coded . There should be a little tag (HIN) riveted on the rear transom & also there should be a matching 1 hidden somewhere up front . If it has both these tags it should be pretty straight forward even if it's been unregistered for a while . If not , you can still register it but there's a bit more involved . You'll need old rego papers that show the rego numbers that are on the outside of the hull upfront . If you don't have these then it gets more involved . You'll need a signed letter by the seller stating why there are no rego papers/ numbers & it will have to be signed off by a JP (justice of the peace) as well , then you'll have to get the boat coded in your name ( extra cost involved ) . All boats in N.S.W must be boat coded by law even if it is registered (unless you were the original owner of the vessel before they made Boat Code mandatory in NSW ) Keep in mind RAIDERS even if you buy a registered boat you must have the boat coded (unless factory HIN is visible) before the RMS will let you transfer it in your name ....

Thanks heaps for your help i have text the bloke so just waiting to hear if it is boatcoded or not. Cheers

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Guest 4myson

Just sent you a PM . Give me a call if you have dramas & I'll be more than happy to help you out ....