Nice first Sambo

Rock&Beach

Had not been to the beach for a while so decided before the arctic chill hit would go out Saturday arvo.
My middle son at the last minute decided he wanted to come along as well.
After getting to the beach and seeing that all the good holes were full of surfers decided to walk up the beach a little too an area that had a sand bank and then a drop off.
After setting up my son first I started to get the other rods sorted when he said dad I have a bite and was winding like mad. I was a little surprised at first but he landed a small trevally.
He kept on getting lots of small bites and then got whacked, he did the right thing and hit it and started to wind but it had gone.
Things slowed down a bit so I decide to throw a metal around and third cast caught a herring my first off the beach on a metal.
Checked all the lines re baited and cast them back in then whack my son gets a bit hit again and this time he was on and he was winding his little heart out. Thought that he had lost it in the wave but it took pressure up again and went for another run.
He finally beached it and that smile was gold, his first big sambo 62cm and 2.2kg. I reckon he will be hooked on fishing for life now.
We stayed to just after dark and caught another couple of small ones and another good size sambo that went back.
What a great day out. At least one son has my passion for fishing.

post-35717-0-06134900-1436753600_thumb.jpgpost-35717-0-47401800-1436753608_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rock&Beach

Guest 4myson

Well done to you & your boy... Good on you guys for getting out there ! I bet the other kids were Jealous they didn't tag along .....