False flat floor in fibreglass boat.

Camo1808

Hey raiders.

So i have just bought a little tinny. Got an awesome score on this thing and couldnt turn it down.

Got a 14ft fibreglass boat in decent condition with a 20hp marina on the back that runs bloody well. Idles perfectly. Trailer is a bit rusty and stuff but thats easy fixed.

Picked it up for 750 bucks.

post-32642-14373660287911_thumb.jpg

Anyway i am looking at gutting the interior thats in it at the moment and putting a flat false floor in it.

What is the process behind this. Is it easily achievable in a fibreglass. Also what is the expenses behind it.

Can anyone please take the time to explain how i can do this. Also im an insurance consultant so labour and things like this isnt my best attribute lol. So i will be asking alot of "dumb" questions hahaha.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Easy to do Camo, just make sure you use DD ply and not MDF! Seriously, just Google it or if you want ring me 0402 110 666 and I will walk you through the process.

Cheers, Russ.

Guest 4myson

Congrats on your purchase ! Pretty straight forward , are you planning on having a removable flat floor or permanently sealed ?

Being a glass boat your could seal it to add bounancy in the event you ever get swamped, or make it removable to inspect the condition but include foam for bounancy either ways. Both have advantages. Removable is the easist install.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk