Minnamurra Blackies

elferoz777

Decided to hit the channel at Minnamurra this morning with a mate before the wind came in.

Fished from 0700 to 0900 without a touch.

Moved on into the river near the rail line and fist cast I got my 38 cm model. Fought like an absolute beast and next to the size 10 clod hopper you can get how long this one was..

The next 90 mins were odd..... we fished the tide change from out to in and landed fish on both sides.

There were no downs or nibbles just thumping runs and bang we were on.

We decided to keep two each which is enough for dinner.

The weren't biting frequently but the fight these tanks put on made up for the time between bites.

We caught them on lake weed and they had a nice bronze/purple colour that my photos dont do justice.

I didnt get to blood my new Gary Howard rod this trip instead opting for my trust Wilson which I will treasure for years.

Next time!

P.S. just to make some squirm I had to use my Jarvis Walker egg beat to fish today. It was one of the reels that come with the 30 dollar rod and reel combo so it is obviously top notch lol. Did the trick I must say and it handled the punishment well.

post-21984-0-46606300-1437882124_thumb.jpg

post-21984-0-41401400-1437882174_thumb.jpg

post-21984-0-37274100-1437882255_thumb.jpg

post-21984-0-03965800-1437882336_thumb.jpg

I took a look at the ramp near the bar and it looked dicey. Is there another ramp? Looks a good spot to take kids for bream.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a ramp right next to the road bridge. Turn off the road head towards the rail bridge. It's a good ramp as long as your boat is not too big.

Also lots of mullet or tailor jumping. As soon as we threw the blackie gutz in the river there was a bust up to devour it. If I wasnt short on time I would have floated some out on the 4lb blackie set up to see what happens.

• 5 months later...

Sounds like a good session elf! Nothing quite like it when you float disappears in a rush.

And you fished with an eggbeater ??? Oh no, the horror . .. :brucelee::whip::nono:

just kidding! Whatever someone is happy using and does the job I reckon!

• 10 months later...