Fathers Day Special

Rock&Beach

Hi Guys after a quick trip to see my AFL club U15 team get beaten in the grand final... always next year. I decided to take my two youngest boys for a bit of a fish in the harbour (landbased).

Arrived at our spot about half an hour before high tide so started putting plenty of burley in the water (I knew that chook food was handy for something else) and re-rigged the rods for floating in the burley trail.

First strike was on a medium size rig with 6kg line, don't know what it was but it was not stopping took most of the spool before I put some pressure on it to try and turn it and then the line gave way, toothy marks all over the line and the line was shredded so must have been dragging through the rocks as well. The bite was on a pilchard tail drifting in the current

Next up was my middle sons line takes a hit and after a reasonable battle we identified a bream and a ripper, as he only had 6lb line I had to net it, after getting it out the fish went 38.5cm, definite PB for him. He had white bait on with a tiny sinker running down to the hook.

post-35717-0-56146400-1441586600_thumb.jpg

Next my youngest gets a hit and up comes a very pretty looking small snapper just under size, so back he goes.

He then gets another bite and brings up a small bream around 30cm, that makes 2 and a good feed for tommorrow night

post-35717-0-89728500-1441586719_thumb.jpg

My middle son again gets a taptaptap and out comes a small flounder.

The day was starting to get a little long and a little cold, we had a few more hits but nothing else to fill the bucket and the big line with a garfish drifting in the current did not get touched, maybe next time.

post-35717-0-63452200-1441586961_thumb.jpg

Note to self plenty of burley and fish as light as possible.