Pittwater Fishing 5th Oct

fisho.sid

Was out with the misses, the plann was to go for a swim and enjoy the weather by having a fish and a dip at Pittwater.

Arriving at the Rowland reserve I was taken back by the number of trailers and boaties, it was packed to the rim. This was around 10.30 am. So I managed to launch and decided to park on the shoulder of Pittwater road like many boaties were doing. My past experience indicates that this was a legitimate free option, I've seen cars and trailers parked there all day. Looking at the signs I made sure I stayed away from the no standing or stopping signs and so i thought i'm doing the right thing but I had my suspicion.

So the day was marvellous, water is crystal clear and the breeze is welcoming and cool. First stop was off to the basin for a quick dip and lunch. I must add, the water was cold! it took my breathe away even though it was reading between 20 and 21 degrees.

So I thought i'll troll an xrap and a deep diver. This way the misses was happy with the constant breeze and not too bothered by the heat.

I trolled from Mackeral beach to Little Head - sounded some bait fish holding mid water along the way and something holding deep and with the beep of the sounder i was hopeful something would take one of the lures. The troll was pleasant, the conditions were awesome. Saw some guy casting at the front of Barrenjoey headland, but i didn't see him hookup. Anyways my effort yielded nothing. Oh well, i was hoping i get a stripey or something, the water did get slightly warmer too 22 degrees.

Anyways not too disappointed - I zipped back to the ramp and called it a day. My suspicions were right, I went to get my car and only to find a fine for parking a long vehicle for longer than 1 hr on a busy road of something that's a $106 lost. This is the first time i decided to park on the road - maybe to avoid the busy parking and thought the saving of $20 for parking fee. How annoying!

Anyways i guess a warning for all. Don't park on the shoulder of Pittwater road.

So not a very productive day with fishing or luck with parking. Learn from my lesson and don't park out there.

Cheers