Sydney harbour 12/12/15

fisholb

Hi all

Pick up the boat at wharf 6 around 6am. Loaded the boat with all the gear with four of my workmates. Headed straight to the heads. Trolled from around the wedding cakes and one boat took my brand new rapala cd7 fire tiger. Pretty pissed off with that. Some boaters are really f#%^*ng sh#%^heads. That lure is very hard to get and is only available overseas these days.

Anyway got to the heads and the swell was up. Checked bom before I left the house and the forecast was seas 0.5m the swell was over 2m so decided to go back to the wedding cakes. Tried for squid around watsons but no luck so anchored at the cakes with another boat nearby. Got plenty of baby reds and a 47cm flatty in one hour so decided to move to Clifton. Nothing not even a nibble so move to balmoral. Same thing so decided to check the spit. A bloke was fighting a kingy on boat solo so we decided to try that spot. No joy too so move around little manly. The swell was getting bigger and bigger so decided to go to rose bay. Fished rose bay for 2 hours with plenty of reds in the 25cm mark. Ended up with legal 2 reds in 31cm and 33cm and a bream at 37cm. Got back to white bay just before 4pm. Home around 530pm in bed by 7pm. It was a good day despite losing my fav lure and bad weather conditions. The hunt for kingy continues. Maybe next time. Thanks for reading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shame the weather wouldn't let you get out past the heads! Still a feed of snapper is always welcome, as is a day out on the water with some good mates :D

Yeah...we were hoping to go outside and hopefully catch a kingy or two...maybe next time

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

You sure knocked up some miles that day.

Yes we did...we ended using around $55 worth of fuel...not bad for the day...the boat had a brand new 150hp honda on it with 30hrs on the clock...beautiful boat...hope i can owned one like that one day...

Yes we did...we ended using around $55 worth of fuel...not bad for the day...the boat had a brand new 150hp honda on it with 30hrs on the clock...beautiful boat...hope i can owned one like that one day...

How much was the rental?