Weekend @ Avoca

nick m

Hey Raiders,

First report as a long time lurker.

Headed up to Avoca over the weekend with the family and a few mates. Got there Friday around lunch time and we decided to wet a line in the lake. I'm still relatively new to SP's and after 3 months of persistence I am just starting to see consistent results in the last couple of trips. Third cast produced a very healthy flatty that hit my Atomic Plazo Grub like a truck. Things went quiet and we packed up for the day and went home with a plan to hit rocks early Saturday morning.

I was up at 5 on Saturday morning and down on the rocks by 6 for a 9:30 high tide. Got down there as another bloke was pulling in a 60cm Kingy which was very promising. I hadn't fished the rocks before with SP's so I was keen to see how they went, my mates weren't as keen on SP's so they went to source some bait. So, alone and armed with my 5" jerk shads and some nuclear chicken variety squid I was in the hunt for one of those Kings I'd just seen. Things were quiet but after about an hour and a half I hooked on, he took a couple of short runs before I was able to surf him up onto the rocks and land my first ever Bonito. A quick snap to show the other guys what they missed and my heart still racing I sent him on his way. Went quiet again after that so decided to pack up and head back for brekky, pretty chuffed with myself.

Overall not an amazing weekend but still pretty happy with my results, very keen to get out there again and hunt a King on SPs.

Thanks for reading raiders.

Nick

post-37295-0-73620600-1450046042_thumb.jpg

post-37295-0-91050900-1450046149_thumb.jpg

Thanks Steve, they didn't return from their mission. They weren't happy for frozen bait so they ended up driving to the Entrance for fresh/live stuff. By the time they got back the wives were starting brekky and I was packed up and waiting for them in the car park with a stupid grin on my face.

Thanks Steve, they didn't return from their mission. They weren't happy for frozen bait so they ended up driving to the Entrance for fresh/live stuff. By the time they got back the wives were starting brekky and I was packed up and waiting for them in the car park with a stupid grin on my face.

Ha good stuff. They might be on the plastics as well next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk