Urangan pier (hervey bay)

Camo1808

No cast nets allowed. Go to the nearby bait and tackle and get a Sabiki jig. Bait fish are thick around the pier.

Locals take the prime spot at the front of the pier, be nice and polite, they will help with the flying gaff.

Pin livies thru the nose on the last hook of a 4/0 3 hook gang for spaniards. Or float them under balloons for tuna.

You can throw lures, but watch and learn, locals cast rod down towards the water and flick upwards.

Normal casting could catch a passer by.

No cast nets allowed. Go to the nearby bait and tackle and get a Sabiki jig. Bait fish are thick around the pier.

Locals take the prime spot at the front of the pier, be nice and polite, they will help with the flying gaff.

Pin livies thru the nose on the last hook of a 4/0 3 hook gang for spaniards. Or float them under balloons for tuna.

You can throw lures, but watch and learn, locals cast rod down towards the water and flick upwards.

Normal casting could catch a passer by.

Hey ryder thanks for the reply. This is just the info i was after. I realised cast nets werent available so will take your advice and get the jig and try for a livie. We are predomently wanting to float a livie whilst throwing plastics so that tip on casting is fantastic. Thanks mate. You have clearly fished the pier before?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

No worries.

When I say they're thick, 2 metre either side of the pier, PACKED. So no nets, just not sporting.

It's nothing to get 6 on 1 drop of the jig.

My good mate managed Colonial Village YHA, just up the road from the marina.

Virgin and Jetstar were competing at the time about $60 one way.

Jetstar have NO bulk hold. Everything goes into those baggage containers. Max lenght 2m, no exceptions.

If you get the chance hit Fraser.