Berkley V's Squidgy

kevvie

The old man and i had a bumper day at botany yesterday and we wanted to work out which plastics work better on flatties. Is it profile? colour? action? or scent?. Alot of things to work out i know but we have been trying none the less. :biggrin2:

Out of the 45 odd flatties we caught (read fishing reports- Boatany Bay It just keeps getting better) half were caught on the 3'' bass minnows and the other half on No.4 black/gold squidgy fish. We are none the wiser after our experiment. The old man reckons they'll eat anything that drifts past thier noses, i'm not so sure. All i know for sure is that berkley and squidgy are far superior than other lures, 45 flats in session is a good example. :thumbup:

What are your views on this matter

Not being one to want to rain on the parade ( 45 fish is an awsome session ), but when it comes to flatties, they will eat anything that moves past them. I have caught them on just about every plastic (heaps of different sizes) I have ever owned.

Sure some sps are better but a flattie is an ambush predator and will eat anything that comes its way. If it doesn't like what its just eaten, then it spits it back out.

Cheers

Lee

Look i couldn't agree with you more.. This is what the old man has said all along. Maybe i'm lookin too scientific on something that requires no thought at all. :wacko:

70531[/snapback]

No its always good to analyse a days fishing of what was caught when and what it was caught on. It always helps to improve and hone your skills.

As an example you might be fishing berkley's one day and not get many hits. After this weekend you would know what sp to put on as you would remember how many flatties your dad got on that sp.

Cheers

Lee