Keeping squid soft

Camo1808

Hey everyone. I got my first squid the other day. Cleaned it then and there at the beach then took the head home. As i wanted to eat it a few hours later i just put it in a bowl in the fridge with foil over the top. When i went to go eat it it seemed a bit hard.

Is this normal or is there certain ways to keep the flesh nice and soft??

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Let it soak in milk .... It works !!!! I first laughed when I was told about this technique ......

Ahh besutiful!! Hey if a raider says it works then im not laughing. Will try it next time.

Thanks anthony

Another alternative is keep it whole in salt water until you get it home. That way it will be very fresh and saves on milk!

Ahh ok thats an idea!!! Just hate the fact cleaning it all out with all the ink and stuff at home

let mine sit in pineapple for 4 hours, melted in my mouth.

The enzymes break it down.

Keep in mind it gets more rubbery the more its overcooked too. People eat it raw so don't be afraid to ease up a bit on the cooking time.

Marinating in Lime juice effectively cooks the squid - any acid will do this including lemon and vinegar. This is the basis of a ceviche. So when marinating fish in anything with lemon or lime juice, don't marinate for too long and cook it for less time otherwise you will end up with dry meat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk