Maroubra 10/1/2016

wchh

Failed to suppress the urge to go for a fishing after finishing the birthday dinner for my son, I got to the beach @ 9:00 pm knowing I had only about one hour for the session. Was it a correct decision! I took only 6 re-frozen pilchards with me and with these I actually landed 5 fish within 6 casts. The fish came home with me is a 43 cm bream, happened to be a PB, exceeding my previous PB by 4 cm. all other fish were released and got home 10 to 11pm.

post-11759-0-43713500-1452463199_thumb.jpeg

post-11759-0-87752200-1452463251_thumb.jpeg

post-11759-0-50461700-1452463294_thumb.jpeg

Charles

That's a ripper of a bream on 80lb leader! Gotta be happy with that!

What were the other fish caught?

Nothing better than sitting down and enjoying a nice monster bream after a fish!

First cast, lost the bait without feeling any bite, second cast, the bream, followed by one fish a cast in the next 4 casts in the sequence of salmon, blind shark, shovel nose, salmon. The salmons were about 65cm but at the slim side.

ABCfisho you are a legend!

I was half and half about going fishing last night and taking your attitude on board I went out to the local beach despite the howling southerly and cleaned up!

I also caught a shovel nose (which I thought in the dark was a nice jew), I've heard they are OK eating - threw mine back but have you tried them?

RexSenior, my condition is called ATF "addicted to fishing " I don't seem to have come across any cure through reading almost all posts on this site.

No I have not tried shovel nose but have seen people selling some sort of shark fillets that looked like from shovel nose to me as they are all thin strips.