Breaking the drought with 2 small bream from the rocks

Guest Guest123456789

Guest Guest123456789

Hi Raiders,

Well I've been coming home with empty buckets for the last 6 sessions or so. I've had bust offs, rods die on me, sessions without a hit, you name it. Trying to fish after a storm, in hindsight, was not a great idea (at least the spots and targets I chose anyway). Also I've been chasing the big predator fish which is always a feast or famine proposition.

So today I went to one of my favourite rock spots. I was optimistic of getting something before the storm hit. The plan was to fish of the bottom for the bream and then fish off the surface for the predators. As expected, the same 'regulars' showed up.

From the surface, only a few sambos were taken. Despite losing 3 to snags I managed to get a couple of yellowfin bream measuring 28 and 33cm's. I gave them to my 90+ year old neighbours who will eat them tomorrow.

Always good to have a plan B, if I can get a couple of rod bends each session (even if they are PJ sharks, salmon, rays or cods) I'm happy. Nothing worse than not getting a single hit in a session.

post-36607-0-23483900-1452756888_thumb.jpeg

Well done on the bream and even better on passing them on to those who may not be able to get out and catch a feed!

Definitely had times where I've come home empty handed again and again.

I love the idea of increasing your chances by documenting all the details of good and bad catches year after year so eventually you could have a good chance at finding fish all year round - it's a lot of work though, maybe 2017 I'll start Haha!

Guest Guest123456789

Well done on the bream and even better on passing them on to those who may not be able to get out and catch a feed!

Definitely had times where I've come home empty handed again and again.

I love the idea of increasing your chances by documenting all the details of good and bad catches year after year so eventually you could have a good chance at finding fish all year round - it's a lot of work though, maybe 2017 I'll start Haha!

Thanks mate I think you're dead right on the documenting stuff. Starting to really get the knack of tides, barometer, light, season etc and where to fish. I've learnt that catchimg the fish is the easier part, the hard bit is finding them! Edited by Guest123456789