Fun side action

Rock&Beach

Hi Raiders really needed a fish on Saturday and had promised No2 son that I would take him out. So we headed for the Harbour in the afternoon just in time due the high tide. Did all the setup and after an hour of trying anything I had a small flathead to show. No 2 had eaten all the food so was getting a little cagey.

Anyway I had been keeping an eye on a flock of birds that were drifting back and forth. Finally they came in range so decided to throw a 15gm spinner at them on 5lb line.

Had about 5 casts and then I got hit pretty hard. As I did not know what it was I decided to run it a bit. Was not running a lot and was not jumping so picked probably tailor and I picked right. Out came a nice tailor at 51cm. So helped setup my son's rod so he could have a cast or two. After spending most of my time untangling I said to him that I would cast and he could wind in.

Anyway before the school moved on we had lots of hits and he landed two fish both around the 30 cm range. The look on his face was great to see he loved that feeling of the hit and considering this was his first fish on spinning I was really proud of him.

All and all a very fun afternoon and a good learning curve.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Well done mate and great to see the young fella getting into spinning. I'm finding the same thing with son No. 1 who seems to bag everything. Lucky I'm good at good at getting lunch ready!

Keep up the good work.

Cheers

Pete

Cheers Pete

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk