Wangi Point Land Based

RexSenior

Hi Raiders

Just wondering if anyone has fished Wangi point recently and how it has been?

I have been making my way around the lake looking for new places to try and found a walking track to the end of Wangi Point with some deep water very close to the shore.

It's a fair drive & walk to get there but it looks like a decent spot, plenty of depth, water flow and sand/weed patches.

Any info or tips would be greatly appreciated, struggling to find the fish after all this rain.

Cheers, James

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Raiders

Just wondering if anyone has fished Wangi point recently and how it has been?

I have been making my way around the lake looking for new places to try and found a walking track to the end of Wangi Point with some deep water very close to the shore.

It's a fair drive & walk to get there but it looks like a decent spot, plenty of depth, water flow and sand/weed patches.

Any info or tips would be greatly appreciated, struggling to find the fish after all this rain.

Cheers, James

I am going there over the Easter break. How did it fish for you ?

Regards,

Rami

Hi Rami

The area is a land based fisherman's dream! It drops down at your feet to depths of 5m+.

I only fished for less than an hour as I took a lot of gear and the ground was covered in ants that swarmed my bait and gear.

Had a few good hits in the short time and caught a 33cm bream mid tide - I'll be going back there but just with a backpack - never seen so many ants!

Cheers, James.

Hi Rami

The area is a land based fisherman's dream! It drops down at your feet to depths of 5m+.

I only fished for less than an hour as I took a lot of gear and the ground was covered in ants that swarmed my bait and gear.

Had a few good hits in the short time and caught a 33cm bream mid tide - I'll be going back there but just with a backpack - never seen so many ants!

Cheers, James.

Thanks mate. Hope I can squeeze some time to go. You were looking at the south side of the point, right?

Thanks mate. Hope I can squeeze some time to go. You were looking at the south side of the point, right?

Yep that's the one.

As Dobell Drive runs across the south side there's a dirt track with a car park where the road shapes left.

The walking trails are signposted and will get you to the flat rocks on the waters edge, let us know how you go!

Cheers, James

• 4 weeks later...

Ended up going to the back of the place we rented a few rocks down from the point. I can see a lot of bait fish and mullet in the water. Lots of tiny fish picking at the soft plastic I had out. Later I had a hit with a flatty.

Nothing too fancy but was relaxing for the few hours I had. Should probably have gotten some bait but I need to up my game a bit :)

post-35009-14592130437164_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rami