13 Feb 2016 - Long Reef

fisho.sid

Eyeing the weather reports during the week, excitment brewed as conditions were said to be very good, 1 meter swell with light winds. Combined with positive reports and the end of summer nearing, my hopes were up! I want to get some kings or some dollies.

So picked up my mate at 4am and hit the water at Roseville ramp. The air was cool and pleasant, not surprising to see the ramp already with 3 other boaties. So while parking the trailer, i noticed this other person also doing the same, only difference was he didnt realise he was very close to a park car. While walking away i heard the screech of trailer touching the other car. By this time, the driver still doesnt know what he has done and by the time he realised, he was at least 1 meter into scratching this poor guys car. Anyways he comes out and again causes more damage to the car. anyways i'm not sure what to do, as the guy looked rough and i didnt want to cause issues, plus i didnt have camera with me etc.

So i decided to head out and off to the spit for some squid, the place was already busy, and after spending 15 mins there i gave up only picking up a small squid. Tried clontart and other areas for zilch squid. Anyways the sun is now peaking its way through and i thought i'll pick up some livies. Burleyed up and found yakkas, they were bit big and scored 2 slimies, pity couldnt get anymore.

So off to Long reef and by this time it was around 8.30 tried squidding one last time before i head out just north head and around blues point for nothing again.. Did anyone find it hard to find squid?

Anyways off to long reef with a few yakkas and slimies, soundedd some fish and dropped a livie down. Not soon after my line goes off but missed the bite! So signs were promising, conditions were nice, warm, water was blue and water temp was 24.1.

I was probably about 2 kms out from shore and couldnt get anything else after spending a few hours there. Persisted over several spots and saw a few others out there but couldnt find them, and our morale was now down. I also gave up on the dollies too because my mate got sea sick...So frustrating especially when conditions were so good!

Never mind, i feaded back and picked up 4 bonitos inside north of the harbour (watson) and also saw a small (1 meter) bronze whaler coming up the my burley trail of pilchard and old yakkas. I decided to hang a bait over it's nose and soon after it tempted the little critter and i was on, he leaped into the air and as soon as he landed his teeth just cut through my 30 pound leader which was expected. Oh well that was fun.

While i was connected with the watson bonito, i saw 2 kings chasing my bonito and was great to see the bonito running for its life. Anyways i dropped a smaller bonito down (dead) after bringing in last one and they were gone.

Thanks for the read... Sorry no photos

Sorry but had to say this

Would have been nice if you took rego number of damaged car and the rego of the car that did it and chased up later. To help the poor bloke who came back from fishing and found his car all scratched

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by shakey55