Best reel around $100.00

michael2203

G'day raiders,

Unfortunately my old Abu Garcia reel I've had since i was 10 is dying. Am looking to get either just a reel or a combo for around $100 and was after some suggestions. Always land based usually fishing estuaries and rivers etc. Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Hodgo

G'day raiders,

Unfortunately my old Abu Garcia reel I've had since i was 10 is dying. Am looking to get either just a reel or a combo for around $100 and was after some suggestions. Always land based usually fishing estuaries and rivers etc. Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Hodgo

39f98b181469197af2f1d1af5259ecff.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

sienna is life. A big franchise store usually does sienna + sonic pro combos for $69, take a look through some catalogs :D Being a cheapo student, I have a few variations of this combo and have caught fish! Just play em right and it should even bag you a few kings, salmon etc

Can't go wrong with a sienna but end of the day its a $60 reel. I explained to my local tackle store what I was looking at and what I already had budget was $200 at the time and was upgrading from a seinna/sonic pro combo. I ended be looked after immensely by my local store and walked out with a rod and reel plus braid for $200 but the rod and reel alone come to $260...

That stores bought me for life. Go to your local store explain the situation and if they genuinely look after you then your in luck and make the most of it.

The reel I got which was only $30 more then your budget is a gladiator psyborg there's not a lot out there on these reels but mines been amazing. I really bashed it around in the creeks and rivers bass fishing this season and it's been a very good reel for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recently bought a daiwa aird combo from a discount fishing shop online (it's an aussie one) totalling $100 delivered, this combo is usually sold for around $200 but the site I am referring to regularly put them up as a discount item. If you get an idea of a few different reels your interested in it might be worth checking it out and waiting for the day they put the one your interested in up for discount.

sienna is life. A big franchise store usually does sienna + sonic pro combos for $69, take a look through some catalogs :D Being a cheapo student, I have a few variations of this combo and have caught fish! Just play em right and it should even bag you a few kings, salmon etc

Be aware, that if it is the store I got my combo from, that this sore is renowed for not treating their rods and customer too well. This could lead to snapped rods and unhappy customers. So check the tip very well, and go for it.

+1

For the price it is a stupidly good little outfit. I have three i bought as back up/travel outfits in the 2500 size spooled with 10-15lb braid and have caught everything from finesse fishing for squid, whiting, trout, etc right through to school size jew, kings and dollies. The gears have started to go in the oldest one but after a good four or five years or so of regular use (and abuse) with zero maintenance I can hardly complain. The other two are around two years old and as smooth as the day I got them and none of the outfits have any significant corrosion.

Other option is push your budget to $200 and get a Stradic, never heard of anyone regretting that decision.

R

Edited by Mr Squidy

If you can't stretch your budget to the Shimano Stradic, I recommend the Symetre. You can get the 2500 online for a little over $100 and if you stick one in your cart and wait you should get an 'offer' for a small discount or free shipping. If you wait a bit longer the offer usually gets a little better.

I have several and for the price they are a great little reel. Spool it with 6lb braid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a 560 & a 760 that I use for reef both are good but I do prefer the 760 having the extra line allows for a run when fishing deeper water. They are bullet proof I do NOT look after my reels & never had a fault with them!

Although I prefer buy from a store then online.

39f98b181469197af2f1d1af5259ecff.jpg

Edited by oz_brett

Thanks everyone. Have found a Sienna 2500 for $48.00 online or a few more $$$$ for the 4000.

If you r buying the sienna...there r 2 models out there atm...

Fd and fe...

My mate told me that the fd r better than the fe...

Be aware, that if it is the store I got my combo from, that this sore is renowed for not treating their rods and customer too well. This could lead to snapped rods and unhappy customers. So check the tip very well, and go for it.

Agreed! Always double check