New spot = Solid Jew

outdoordan

Thanks Dan for the report. Well written and quite amusing to read. Congrats on the catch. It always fascinates me hearing reports of catching mulloway. Typically when fishing, if a bite is felt, tap, tap and starts running, i would give it a good strike even on the 2nd or third tap. However it seems with jews, you have to let it run for a good amount of time. I assume you're using a circle hook going off how you made the connection. My question is therefore, what is the most successful way of catching jews, specifically, when is it best to strike when using bait like squid or yakka.

What a brilliant fish Dan, great work and how satisfying to put your knowledge into action and see your plan deliver.

The report was made even better thanks to your fantastic prose. Your talents are wasted if you're not writing for a living mate! You need to start writing for some fishing magazine.

Well done!

What a great read Dan. I have never come across a fishing novel in Dymocks, should think about writing one. Apart from that, the challenge of reading the conditions and then being rewarded with what you expected would make many fishos like myself envious of these great skills.

Well done mate.

Thats a great catch. The write up needs a lot more work though - where is the metaphysical juxtaposition on the futility of mans endevours? Where is the counterpoint imagery that alludes to the struggle of man in his persuits and the symbolism of male virtue.

Or maybe I dont recall all that crap from when I did HSC english and you just did something that was artwork anyway :)