Looking for a jigging rod

The Incredible Hull

Palms metal witch rods and Yamaga galahad have awesome rods.

Good reels would be (Catalina 4000 430g), (Saragosa 6000 430grams) , or even the new (Daiwa Certate 4000 HD 405grams) but not sure when it will be released.

If you need lighter reel have a look at the biomaster 5000fb and upgrade the handle with the stradic 5000 one to get the egg knob for jigging.

• 4 weeks later...

what lb line you plan to run.

Im in love :hug: with my lox light jigginf outfits, come in PE 1-2 or PE 3, or the heavier gear is 20kg or 33kg but is kinda oldskool heavy. Also been playing with a PE4 V-TRO setup from pioneer that i cannot fault, the VTRO rod is amazing and i know a few charter operators are using it and Ive matched a pioneer altitude 6000 with 300m 40lb braid although only 8kg drag from this reel.

Not everything has to be shimano or daiwa :brucelee: check out some of the gear from other brands, its just as good if not better.

I ended up getting a Shimano Game Type J, PE 2-5

I got that rod cause its amazingly thin. Looks like a bream rod but pulls up kingys up to 70cm pretty easily.

EDIT: running 30lb braid, 40lb leader, using 50-60g jigs, so fun snagging rats =)

Edited by The Incredible Hull

• 7 months later...