Stuay gets some fishing time

Rock&Beach

Hey guys finally was able to get out and do some spinning this morning northern beaches area. Sorry no photos this time.

Day started well with the first cast landing me a small but legal kingie. Was funny he did not run much. Actually thought it was snagged until it started pulling.

Then spent the next two hours playing with bonito of all sizes. While it worked out ok with 4 take homes at one stage I hooked and dropped 9 bonito it 5 minutes, same thing happened with that lure last time I went out time to update the treble i reckon. Anyway good fun and will make some great sushi tonight.

Was starting to get pretty hot so I said to myself one last cast and bugger me dead a kingie hits the lure just near the surface I even saw the flash of yellow. Well this fella just went ballistic and I thought great another keeper.

He ran all over the place and finally he came to the surface and my head was running a million miles an hour as it was heading towards low tide and it was a fair lift it out the water. So I waited for the next wave and have him a good heave and he just popped out.

Took a measure and he was under by about 3cm. So back he went.

Overall was great to get back out and have a fish. Best part was that I had some great fun with the guys that were there. We all looked out for each other and shared the space and helped each out when we needed help. Don't always get that

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Great outing. 9 bonitos in 5 minutes, that is awesome. I have started to explore the Northern Beaches I hope to find a killer spot like yours in the near future.

Thanks Mauricio. Yeah that does not happen very often but good fun when it does. As I said though I could not land any of that nine they just kept dropping off lost three lifting then out of the water.

Thanks Mauricio. Yeah that does not happen very often but good fun when it does. As I said though I could not land any of that nine they just kept dropping off lost three lifting then out of the water.

Time to invest in a telescopic net me thinks! I saw a guy at Clifton on Friday with one, he could reach all the way down to the water from the pier... Boni's are too nice to let go IMO haha

They were only small around 35-40. If I had my big reel I would have thrown one back out. The school of bonito kept drifting through. There were a few tailor around until a school of dolphins chased them through.