Hen And Chicken Bay

leonardroy

Hi Guys, Have been reading all the reports with great interest and it seems that , maybe hen and chicken bay might be a good place to catch a bream or two.

Am tempted to give it a go, but not sure if I should eat the fish. Have been told that the mercury level is too high in the water there. Have any Fishraiders eaten fish from the area, and still alive to tell the tale?.

Hi mate,

I am not too sure about the mercury level in hen and chicken bay. However i do know that the lead levels in Hen and Chicken bay and iron cove is very high. In actual fact, the heavy metal levels in some areas is so high that it is advisable not to consume any seafood caught from that area. It's just an advise but my thesis is about lead content in teh harbour so its just some info which i would like to pass on. Guess its a gd thing for the fish around. Helps encourage C&R at least i hope :1prop::1prop:

Hi mate,

I am not too sure about the mercury level in hen and chicken bay. However i do know that the lead levels in Hen and Chicken bay and iron cove is very high. In actual fact, the heavy metal levels in some areas is so high that it is advisable not to consume any seafood caught from that area. It's just an advise but my thesis is about lead content in teh harbour so its just some info which i would like to pass on. Guess its a gd thing for the fish around. Helps encourage C&R at least i hope  :1prop:  :1prop:

71421[/snapback]

Hi Marlin, Thanks for your reply mate. Whether it be lead or mercury I guess one is as bad as the other, so any fish I catch there I will kiss and let em go. Might have second thoughts about that kiss.

I've eaten them from there.  I only glow a litle bit at night.  The more seriously polluted bottoms are up around Homebush but really - how would you know where any of the fish have been swimming ??  Could have spent the past month around the harbour mouth or up past Silverwater.

71424[/snapback]

Hi Pedro, Good to hear back from you and you gave me a laugh about the "glow".

I agree with what you say about where have the fish been eating before we catch them, but I guess it's like other food we eat, if we saw it made or where it came from we might give it a miss. Have decided to let em go as i'm getting too old for that "glow' of your,s. Thanks again buddy.