Carp On 'real' Bread Fly....

Agent X

Was out with a couple a mates yesterday looking for my first carp... Had initially attached a spinning reel to the fly rod but quickly swapped back to the fly reel and bread fly when one showed up at the floating bread berley trail.... I stumbled into their house a little further downstream

post-1073-1128899474_thumb.jpg

The 'fake' bread fly was given the cold treatment and I opted for the 'real' bread fly.... and.... FISH ON!

It kept going back under the weed but e 9ft rod really came in handy in maintaining a good line angle.... it was landed in less than 5 mins....

post-1073-1128899747_thumb.jpg

X-out

Edited by Agent X

Nice swamp trout there X. What are the specs for your fly outfit?

There's a pretty big population of carp in the rivers up this way as well. Might have to get the long wand onto them, as I've only ever used a light spin rod and dough on them.

Shane

:1fishing1:

Edited by madsmc

Nice swamp trout there X. What are the specs for your fly outfit?

There's a pretty big population of carp in the rivers up this way as well. Might have to get the long wand onto them, as I've only ever used a light spin rod and dough on them.

Shane

:1fishing1:

71594[/snapback]

I was using a #7 with a cheap Cortland 333HT 7FWF(<$20 from K-Mart). I initially had on a twisted leader of about 3ft, but it sank and caused the 'bread fly' to float awkwardly, so I removed it and used a metre of 12lb fluro straight onto the line. The 'bread fly' floated deliciously after that... :biggrin2:

Goodness u guys seems to be having so much more fun. Wish i could join u guys. Now all i have to clear is this pesky thing called thesis and exams.

regards

DArryl

71543[/snapback]

We actually headed down to the IC area to chuck some SPs in the evening... JL opened account first with a 40+ flattie and a flounder awhile later... Bernard scored 3 flatties on his first ever attempt at SPs... everyone got fish... and somebody had time for jews but no time carps..... wahahahaha.... :biggrin2:

p.s - joking only hor...

mate, we should have an "operation liberty" for the carpies into the nearby enclosure and make a "pay pond" out of it. what do you think?? :1prop:  shit, is it legal? :wacko:

71615[/snapback]

er.... I actually prefer the challenge of catchin em in the 'wild'... plus, they'll have more space to run (if they do run)... I'll try to level the playing field by bringing the #4 on the next outing and soak the flies in bread juice for the fussy sniffers :biggrin2: