North Head Yesterday

mrollo

Hi Raiders,

just a quick post about solo yesterday inside North Head.

Was on the water pretty early, so after dropping the crab pots, caught a dozen yakka's and 2 squid and was ready to chase some kingies.

Anchored just inside North Head and the plan was to put one yakka floating out the back, one yakka deep and put the squid out in mid water, then burley and mix between soft plastics and floating pillies back to keep me busy.

As soon as the floater went out, it got hit by a rat king. ended up getting about 6-7 rats throughout the day on yakkas, soft plastics and pillies.

Also picked up the bonito, snapped and bream and pillies.

The excitement came when at about 8.30 the live squid rod went nuts and i called it for a big king. line peeling off and after a few minutes saw colour, but was surprised to see a samson fish. Gave a great fight, as i called it for a 90+cm King.

After mucking around with some smaller kings and undersized snapper, went back to pick up the pots and was happy to find a few nice swimmers in them.

All around a good day and a nice feed

Cheers

post-15187-0-93378300-1462182564_thumb.jpg

post-15187-0-37938700-1462182683_thumb.jpg

woo what a great catch!! where about is the north head?? always wondering where i could drop a crab bot legally.... please advice

Thanks, was a top feed!

Papafish, just the inside the north head of Sydney harbour. Also most of the bays through the harbour are legal to drop crab nets... just look for the shallow sandy bays with some weed patches

Thanks, was a top feed!

Papafish, just the inside the north head of Sydney harbour. Also most of the bays through the harbour are legal to drop crab nets... just look for the shallow sandy bays with some weed patches

I thought you weren't able to drop them in ocean waters. Please correct me if im wrong (As i never hear back from fisheries) and never take my nets to Norah.