Trim tilt issue needs help badly.

sleepydragon

Hi Raiders,

Last month my trim tilt stop working at middle to of the bay, It did not trim up or down any more. When I pressed up or down button, it makes a click sound. I thought the relay was faulty. I have replaced new relay today the same issue.Please see the 30 second clip below. Any idea ? Your golden knowledge is greatly appreciated.

Engine: Yamaha 4 strokes.

https://youtu.be/h-S9BDdJjuk

Cheers

Hi mate, hope all is well, I have the same issue with my 2 stroke yamaha sometimes it works sometimes just click click click and nothing else I had a mechanic check it out we tested the relay, battery, wiring wich was all good so he said it was my tilt motor if you gently tap on the tilt trim motor should work for about 30 seconds (if you have the same problem as me) good luck mate hope you fix soon I got quoted $1600 for the tilt trim motor and labour.

Sent from my GT-I9197 using Tapatalk

Last month my trim tilt stop working at middle to of the bay, It did not trim up or down any more. When I pressed up or down button, it makes a click sound. I thought the relay was faulty. I have replaced new relay today the same issue.Please see the 30 second clip below. Any idea ? Your golden knowledge is greatly appreciated.

Hi, had the same issue about 2 years ago. I could hear the click, but nothing else. Cause: Motor inside the trim has seized. I knew it would be coming as I could see the rust coming out.

I opened it, and wondered how it could have been working for so long. The whole thing was rusted, with tons of water inside.

Ordered replacement from the US ( fleebay ) and replaced it myself. It has occasional hiccups, but 98% of the time it works.

Hard part is to get the correct one. My engine is a Yamaha 4stroke 60Hp.

By the way, you're looking at the wrong place

Check this video at 3:39 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nptI3iuqkw

Hi mate, hope all is well, I have the same issue with my 2 stroke yamaha sometimes it works sometimes just click click click and nothing else I had a mechanic check it out we tested the relay, battery, wiring wich was all good so he said it was my tilt motor if you gently tap on the tilt trim motor should work for about 30 seconds (if you have the same problem as me) good luck mate hope you fix soon I got quoted $1600 for the tilt trim motor and labour.

$1600 sheeeeesh

I was recommended to buy replacement part, and bring boat and part to replace it.

Otherwise quote was arounf $800 because of price of original part.

Watched on youtube what has to be done, and did it myself.

Hi, had the same issue about 2 years ago. I could hear the click, but nothing else. Cause: Motor inside the trim has seized. I knew it would be coming as I could see the rust coming out.

I opened it, and wondered how it could have been working for so long. The whole thing was rusted, with tons of water inside.

Ordered replacement from the US ( fleebay ) and replaced it myself. It has occasional hiccups, but 98% of the time it works.

Hard part is to get the correct one. My engine is a Yamaha 4stroke 60Hp.

By the way, you're looking at the wrong place

Check this video at 3:39 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nptI3iuqkw

Thanks a lot. I had a look your link before. The link is about the hydraulic fluid issue. My issue now is the motor pump or the electrical issue. Will lets you know if I find out. Hope its a cheap fix or therwise $1600 is a pain in the ass.

$1600 sheeeeesh

I was recommended to buy replacement part, and bring boat and part to replace it.

Otherwise quote was arounf $800 because of price of original part.

Watched on youtube what has to be done, and did it myself.

Yeah mate mechanic told me $900 for the part (not new) and "around" $700 for labour so I think it's alot cheaper to use my arms atm!

Yeah mate mechanic told me $900 for the part (not new) and "around" $700 for labour so I think it's alot cheaper to use my arms atm!

I only had to replace the motor of the tilt. Tilt itself was fine. Lower part of the motor was fine too.

Search for "69W-43880-00-00", the images should give you an idea what to look for. about AU$ 300. New.

Don't get rip'd off.

I only had to replace the motor of the tilt. Tilt itself was fine. Lower part of the motor was fine too.

Search for "69W-43880-00-00", the images should give you an idea what to look for. about AU$ 300. New.

Don't get rip'd off.

Thanks for the heads up mate, would like to get it done but $1600 scared me away. Will definitely look it up, also my one works sometimes so the motor has got bit of life in her cheers mate

Thanks for the heads up mate, would like to get it done but $1600 scared me away. Will definitely look it up, also my one works sometimes so the motor has got bit of life in her cheers mate

Hi mate,

I am taking my boat to my friend who is car mechanic this weekend and hope he can help. To find the issue.

Don't get rip'd off.

Thanks not sure if it works on my engine ?

Update

The tilt trim motor did not work. I have a very good friend who has knowledge about electronic/mechanic. He gave me a hand to take the tilt trim off the engine and opened it. It was a big surgery. We found out the "Up/Down" joint inside the motor got very high resistance due to corrosion. Somehow, the water got in there too (thought it was designed to be submerged ). We gave it a good clean up and it backed to live.

Thanks for your advise Raider