New member, chasing mullet

Wellzy94

Hey there! Long time reader, first time poster. Im going out for an overnight at the end of June for hairtail, but during the day I'll be chasing bream + flathead. Before then I'm hoping to get a hold of some mullet to fillet and freeze as bait, and I was hoping to try and get some pointers for rigs and landbased spots. Anyone able to help a newbie out? :)

Edit: Forgot to add, I'm in the Penrith area. Was planning to drive to somewhere on the Hawkesbury for the mullet!

Edit 2: would I be better off just going freshwater for them?

Edited by Wellzy94

Milperra under the bridge where the main intersection is. If yout coming from liverpool way its the street after the bp servo on the left before the henry lawson drive. Also all up and down georges is good for mullet bearly with bread and you will see them everywhere. Another good spot is narrabeen lagoon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Milperra under the bridge where the main intersection is. If yout coming from liverpool way its the street after the bp servo on the left before the henry lawson drive. Also all up and down georges is good for mullet bearly with bread and you will see them everywhere. Another good spot is narrabeen lagoon

Deekay,

when is the best time to go for Mullet?

any specific rigs?

I just go whenever lol. Little rod thin line small hook. Or u can make a poddy trap. Youtube it

I want legal size mullet though, my understanding is poddy can only be used for live bait, and on the day

Ive used it dead to bro. Some time whole sumtimes fillet them for jews. For the larger one try a little popper at the narrabeen lagoon i get them while trying for whiting if they are jumping out of the water they attck it

run in tide early in the morning berley find the feeding schools and berley with bread, no. 8-10 hook and small float when they take it wind rather than strike and hang on they dont give up easily