Gone In 90 Minutes

Agent X

Headed out again with some mates for a short session just to cure the itch... wasnt really expecting much, barometer readings are high, unsatisfactory weather, chilly winds... but went out anyhow. First 20 to 25 mins was as usual.... big O. Things got worse as I lost another bass minnow to the snags... (the record stands at snagging 1 bass minnow per fishing trip). So out came the grubs...

We were fishing the outgoing from high and water was flowing out of a tidal drain nearby. I made few casts in the vicinity and a few small twitches saw a nice bream on the plastic... it came out to be abt 26cm. I tried the Iki jime on it, but didnt seem to work... maybe I poked too close to the eye :biggrin2:

post-1073-1129152657_thumb.jpg

Back to fishing... a few bad casts later, I was on again, there was more pulling power in this one as it took some drag. The head shakes meant that it wasnt a bream.... if there was a bream that pulled this hard, I wanna catch it! I took my time with this one, just to enjoy it longer... :1prop:

post-1073-1129152678_thumb.jpg

X-out

Edited by Agent X

That looks like a pretty productive 90 mins Justin. Looks like the spot seems to be doing some gd for u guys. Alrite now i reall gotta get my behind to join u guys for a session. The trev looks like a pretty decent fight. Landed on ur homemade jigs again??? LOL u must be one of the few guys here who would persist with a BC mate. This is not SG!!!!!! lol kiding Think I have forgotten how to cast my BC already. Need some practice soon. good catch.

regards

Darryl

That looks like a pretty productive 90 mins Justin. Looks like the spot seems to be doing some gd for u guys. Alrite now i reall gotta get my behind to join u guys for a session. The trev looks like a pretty decent fight. Landed on ur homemade jigs again??? LOL u must be one of the few guys here who would persist with a BC mate. This is not SG!!!!!! lol kiding Think I have forgotten how to cast my BC already. Need some practice soon. good catch.

regards

Darryl

yeh, the homemade jigheads really got the job done... only costs 5 bucks to make abt 14pcs... not too shabby. I stuck to the BC because that was the only non-fly-reel, and the BC rods were the only non-fly-rods I brought over, I'm not here to get a masters in fish-nance u know :1prop: ... the only other spinning reel is for blackfishing on the fly-rod.. :074: Maybe if K-Mart were to have a nice spin stick going for $2.50 (like the Rexy BC Rod in e photos), you might see me on a spinning outfit :074:

But I just enjoy playing fish on a BC much more...

Edited by Agent X

good spot u've had there during high tide don't ya?? All i get were heaps of pussy bites :ranting2: it's time to get your bro connected there mate, oh, and KL as well :thumbup:

They'll get theirs soon enough.... just a matter of time (and hardwork?) :1prop: hm... should've bot myself a scratchie yesterday... :biggrin2:

I had one of those rexy combos a few years ago.Stupid me left it down at port kembla one night after we packed up in a hurry,and didnt realise till we got back to campbelltown. :thumbdown::mad3::mad3:

I feel for ya mate! It's quite a nice combo IMO... but I only bot the rod on fire-sale cos the reel got stolen. It's tough as nails....