Wilson Heritage series 12' 1 piece info needed

Sea Ranger

Gday all

I recently picked up a cracker of a deal on a Wilson Heritage series 12' 1 piece rod. It is a med mount so she is made for a spinning reel. Trouble is I can't find any details on line weight or reel size recommended for this rod. I looked all over Wilson's site and googled to no avail. Does anyone have any specs for this rod?

Thank you

Bear

Chris

Somewhere on the butt should be a description of the blank

Being a Wilson rod it will in all likely hood be either a Butterfield or Kilwell blank and should either be a FSU or MT code followed by 4 digits. The first of which will tell you the number of wraps on the rod. Then we can work out what its good for

Corb

Thanks Corb

Mate there is no markings on this rod other than the label. It is brand new (i got it on a close out rack) but discontinued. I just called Wilson and the guy who is in the know is at a trade show but they did not have any info there unfortunately. It is beautiful and very old school but no markings :(

20160701_135812_zpsbdjsnsey.jpg

Try calling Anglers Warehouse from Tweed Heads. They have similar Wilson Heritage 12' 1 piece medium mount for spin reel (model RH12M1) rods in stock, may be they have some supporting docs or reel/line suggestions for the rod.

Edited by savit

• 2 weeks later...

I just got off the phone with Wilson and I was told that this is a 4 wrap rod but not a multi taper like the MT series. It is more old school and so heavier and stronger. They rated the rod at lures no more than 85 gram with 65 being about perfect and line class of 15 to 20 pound. If anyone else is looking I hope this helps.

Bear