Salmon coming in yet?

will_l

Hey Guys,

got the boat all serviced and gear all set up out to go out for my first serious fish since the start of winter. Just wondering if any schools of salmon are starting to pop up yet or any signs of kings in the harbour? I know its probably a little early, but I still want to get out there and give it a go. Any info would be much appreciated.

Cheers

I have nailed a couple of good Salmon in Pittwater over the weekend. Fresh squid strips did the job. Picked those up the night before as schools of squid visited us while hairtailing in Jerusalem Bay. Would have been rude not to sight cast a jig at them.

Salmon we got were 40-45cm but I did get absolutely smoked on my bream rod which may have been a bigger model or here's to hoping an early king.

Any info on the arrival of Kings would be appreciated.

Heading out tomorrow to hit the low tide in Pittwater again for salmon or hopefully an early season king!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

On those days when the salmon are around but won't hit anything your offering try a two inch by 1/4 piece of clear tube with a hook . Works a treat imitating the translucent bait they feed on.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...