Sydney Harbour.

Guest Jocool

Driving to Rose Bay this morning, I was a little worried as it seemed to be very windy overnight. The little bit of rain that came down as I drove didn't worry me too much....but the wind did.

Launched the boat just on sun-up and headed over to Balmoral to do the ritual bait gathering. This yielded one large yakka...and thats all she wrote. Couldn't raise a squid for love nor money! Wasn't of to a great start. :thumbdown: Luckily I had packed a few Pillies as standby. Incidently, I tried to buy some fresh praws but didn't have much luck. Is there a shortage????

The wind wasn't too bad, and the BOM had lifted all its warnings it had from the previous day. So I headed out toward Bluefish. It was pretty messy going as the tide peaked and a fairly breezy NE'r. Slow and wet was the order of the day.

Rounded North Head to be greated by thousands of birds working the water. I thought I would have a closer look, and could see them ducking and weaving but couldn't make out any boils due to the wind swept and messy water. :thumbdown: After trying to cast and brace myself simultaneously I figured it to be too much like hard work and started making a slow wet journey back into the Harbour.

Tried throwing some big SP's around markers and various other structure, but it was just too windy and rough. So I tucked myself in close to the shore and started a berley trail happening and used pillie pieces for bait. Got sick of the small pinkies so a move was made.

I ended up along the sand flats in Rose Bay, anchored out of the wind, and proceeded to berley up. Nailed a lot of Pinkies, and then a couple of decent Bream which I didn't want. And finally a couple of edible Flattys! That will do me. :1prop: Packed up and went home!

I did manage to score a decent crab on a line. It was loaded with eggs so it was also released. :biggrin2:

I think I should ban myself from fishing for a while! :(

Guest bluecod

Not the sort of day you dream about Joe, or would you rather be doing that or scrounging around wrecking yards pulling pieces off various shells because the frigging dealer wanted close to $300 for a tailight assembly and an indicator lense :1yikes:

Edited by bluecod

That doesnt sound too bad to me Joe, couple of fish and on the water. Although the bumpy conditions dont sound to inviting, but I'm hoping for some slightly calmer conditions tomorrow, or its rodeo time on the punt again, hope those birds are still working and here's hoping the salmon are working not too far from them.

I think I should ban myself from fishing for a while! :(

Thats just crazy talk Joe :074::074:

Gotta have your line in the water to catch fish...........sounds like a decent day anyway :thumbup:

........while some of us were working :thumbdown:

Just to give you guys an idea......My feet and thighs are still aching from trying trying to brace myself in the sloppy seas yestersday! :thumbdown: I got bruises down my thigh...and my missus is wondering where I was. She doesn't believe they are from fishing! :mad3:

As for banning myself....maybe just this next week! Got stuff to catch up on anyway. :1prop::1prop:

Guest fishrunner

Bream and Flatties, doesn't sound so bad

banning yourelf for a week, you gotta be kiddin :074:

Only till next weekend and I'll forgive you for such blasphemy.

cheers

joe u didnt have a bad time as me

launched the canoe near bobin head .fished around the boats for 20 min for nothing.then went up under the bridge and capsized the canoe :ranting2::ranting2::ranting2: with all gear getting a salt bath after that i had to spend the rest of the day with the family sitting around in park in 1970's one peice ski suit cause thats all we had in the car to wear(it was going in the vinnies bin)

Oh well Joe, at least you got a few. Better than nothing at all, and you got on the water at the very least.

Bad luck with the bruises and trying to explain it to the :wife:. If you had combined that with the glitter from a soft plastic you might have had a very interesting time (and bruises in a few other places as well) :074:

Shane

:1fishing1:

Joe go and wash your mouth out with soap.... And let there be no more talk of bans. Me and Mark D went out on Sunday and fished a washing machine for 4hrs and only got one very large and ugly flower pot before fatiuge and seasickness (not helped by the thousand beers I had the night before) forced us back inside. To add insult to injury we dropped two massive squid that ate our hard won live baits because I forgot the net. then when we got back to the ramp saw a guy joyfully cleaning a couple of 2kg plus snapper and a 8kg jew. Now that really sucks.. :1badmood::1badmood:

Thanks Phil saved me a report :)

and the jew was prolly bigger :( at least someone is catching fish off Sydney...just not us

No worries mate, I say 8kg because it helps me feel better... hows the move going? By the way the flower pot was bloody great... Very suprising.

For all the effort you put in Joe, you deserve a lot better from those fish.

I agree Martin. They just don't listen to pleading. I'm at my wits end!!!! :mad3::1happybday:

Good day Joe, it was nice to put a face to the name

we headed out at 6.00 in the hired tinnie

only got about 400mtr and the Rapala Magnum lure went off

1 nice Tailor another 50mtr another tailor hits the deck

nothing after that as we got to open water

headed to Bottle & Glass with some live Yellowtail we caught at the wharf

put down livies for one HUGE (really upset) Occy

1 flounder and 1,023 small reds

no luck at Sow & Pigs

all in all an enjoyable day on the water

A portable sounder as you said would make finding the drop off's a lot easier,

anybody seen any on the Web? (Portable that is)

Gaff