To console or not to console

tackleberry

That is the question i am asking myself ATN hmmmmmmm but the more i think about it the more

i like the idea , as now i have a boat i use it more outside in the ocean than i do chasing bream and

other estuary fish .

has anyone done it and if so what are the pit falls (besides a wad of cash) it will mean moving the

battery down the back and a hole new rewire that doesn't concern me as i will do that my self and

at least this time it will be done right .

this is what i have in mind it is a 4.2M blue fin with a 40HP 4 stroke .

to put this

post-38527-0-75814500-1474037902_thumb.jpg

in to this

post-38527-0-08076100-1474037904_thumb.jpg

any advice appreciated .

Guest Guest123456789

wouldnt it be easier/better to just sell that boat and buy another boat that already has a console and forward control? I have that same boat and I reckon a console would wreck it, it's so good to fish from as an open boat. My 2 cents.

My previous boat was a 430 Escape, I now have a 450 Top Ender with a side console. The Top Ender is a much better boat for flicking lures and SP and general estuary/river fishing, BUT with the wrong wind/tide combination can be a bit damp and cold, even with the Blade hull. The Escape was a much nicer boat under those conditions, and far better inshore. (Being only 4.3meters I never ventured out very far, even on a good day). On a cold or windy day a windscreen makes for a warmer and more pleasant day on the water.

Flatheadluke’s idea would be worth considering. FWIW, considering most of your fishing is inshore, rather than estuary, I would be leaning towards a windscreen. It really depends on your fishing style and preferred fishing locations. Good luck whatever you decide.

Guest Guest123456789

My 2 year old son and I went out today in the estuary in our little open tinny. Pissing down rain and pretty cold. Didn't bother us we had the appropriate wet weather gear and warm clothing. No such thing as bad weather just bad clothing.

My 2 year old son and I went out today in the estuary in our little open tinny. Pissing down rain and pretty cold. Didn't bother us we had the appropriate wet weather gear and warm clothing. No such thing as bad weather just bad clothing.

yep i agree 100%

i forgot to mention i'm no stranger to the a CC boat ok it took me most of the day but i found my old copy of fitting out for sport fishing yep i'm getting old

circa 1987

post-38527-0-37395300-1474206032_thumb.jpg

and here is a pic of the same model of Quintrex CC 5 meter i bought in 1990 but if you look in the red circle you

will see a plug they were for 2 pedestal seats they were great for soaking baits in the river and when i went

off shore they were left at home , my boat had a Suzuki 85HP it got along pretty good and although at rest it

was the best boat i had had to fish out of the haines hunters that i owned over the years were a lot softer riding

and better fitted out .

post-38527-0-22472000-1474206031_thumb.jpg

Edited by tackleberry

Pretty straight forward to convert to centre console . I'd be mounting the batteries into the console aswell . The dearest part would be buying the forward controls for your outboard . With the steering you can just purchase a Kit online once you work out your required length , steering kit will set you back around $250 (steering wheel , helm & cable) Keep in mind that the Steering link to connect cable to outboard does NOT come in the kit & you will have to purchase on it's own ...

Edited by 4myson