First time luderick

Snapper81

Hi fisher,

I'm happy to report my first section fishing catching Luderick.

Well I was quite impress about the result. I did a long research on google trying to understand which technique to use,which gear and where catch them.

After almost 3 weeks I decided to go to, I will call my secret place, around Maroubra Ahahahah and I had a nice result.

Was very windy and ruffy but them was so crazy to bait and many time jump off the water.

In 3 hours I catch 5 fish keep home plus another 3 lost during a big wave that came on the rock pool where I putted all the fish![emoji30] anyway now I know Ahahah never more!!!!

I'm very proud of me ahahhah

c870d5127f7b1a50815fa28266721b6a.jpg5da8a497057f3738626584b339186428.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest Lord Loser

Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice catch, I do recommend bleeding and gutting them before you leave, they will taste better. Baked whole, filleted and crumbed or battered.

Awesome job you've done on those blackies there.

You'll be addicted pretty soon. I caught my first about 6 months ago and now spend half my fishing time on them. They are a great fish to catch and can be found all over the harbour.

Well done Snapper81! yup, you'll be addicted like a bunch of us on here . . . .

The Lord is right about cleaning the fish before you leave, best to remove the black lining from the gut cavity as well.

Stay safe on the rocks!

Well done mate.

Don't worry about the lost fish in the rock pool - they will be waiting for you when you come back next time.

It was a good suggestion to clean them asap. I wish I knew it long time ago.

What gear/rig did you use?

Learn to fillet and skin them, still find this the best way to deal with them. Bleed them and gut them at the fishing spot, do the rest at home, don't bother scaling them. They are easier to fillet and skin with scales on. The black lining is only important to remove if you are keeping them for a while or if you are stuffing and baking. Panko breadcrumbs work well if shallow frying or deep frying.

Matt

• 1 month later...